Radiesse® | Radiesse®HANDS
Northern Virginia-Tysons and Fairfax
By Dr. Soheila Rostami
Board Certified ophthalmologist and Facial Cosmetic Surgeon
Certified Radiesse®Hands Injector
RADIESSE® is a wrinkle filler used to plump the skin for smoothing moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds (the creases that extend from the corner of your nose to the corner of your mouth). RADIESSE is injected through a small needle and placed under the skin.
RADIESSE® HANDS is a dermal filler that is indicated for hand augmentation to correct volume loss in the back of the hands.
What Is Radiesse?
Radiesse is comprised of Calcium Hydroxylapatite (CaHA) microspheres suspended in an acquous gel carrier. What does this mean to you? It means Radiesse is made of a biocompatible substance that is identical to what is naturally found in the body.
How Does It Work?
Once injected into the skin, these unique microspheres perform as filler. They provide immediate volume and correction continues to work by stimulating the body to produce its own natural collagen. Immediately, this filler works to add volume under the skin. Over time, the gel is absorbed and the body metabolizes the CaHA microspheres leaving behind only your own collagen. The benefits of RADIESSE continue by naturally stimulating your body’s own natural collagen. The natural results have been shown to last a year or more in many patients, making the treatment results both immediate and long lasting.
Why Choose Radiesse?
- Radiesse immediately replenishes lost volume in the face and hands and stimulates the production of your own natural collagen with results that can last a year or more in many patients.
- Radiesse is clinically proven to last a year or more in many patients
- Radiesse provides instant results, with no downtime and high patient satisfaction
- Radiesse is FDA approved to mix with lidocaine, an anesthetic, to significantly reduce injection-related pain
Your Radiesse Hands Injections With Dr. Rostami
At Sanctuary Cosmetic Center, we are proud to announce that Dr. Rostami is recognized as a Certified Injector of Radiesse for Hands. This designation is awarded only after completing specified training in the aesthetic treatment of hands. Dr. Rostami performs all Radiesse for hands injections at our Tysons, VA. location.
Your consultation with Dr. Rostami will consist of a range of questions to ascertain your needs and determine whether you need Radiesse injections. She will discuss your options and go over the potential outcome of your procedure—your benefits and risks. She will then suggest the right injections approach for you.
Q & A
How does Radiesse correct the appearance of aging hands?
RADIESSE is the only dermal filler FDA-approved to restore volume to the hands, diminishing one of the signs of aging hands and helping reduce the prominence of tendons and veins for smooth, natural-looking results.
And, if you are already receiving aesthetic facial treatment, Radiesse for Hands is a natural next step in your aesthetic regimen to help your hands look as good as your face.
When will I begin to see results, and how long will they last
After a quick in-office treatment, the volumizing effect of Radiesse for Hands can be seen instantly with results that last up to 1 year in most patients. This unique filler continues to work by stimulating your body’s own natural collagen production.
- According to a recent clinical trial, 86% of patients reported improvement in the appearance of their hands 12 months after treatment with Radiesse.
What are the most common side effects with Radiesse?
The most common side effects reported by patients were swelling, pain, redness and bruising in the treatment area. This is consistent with side effects following other filler treatments. Treatment recovery is predictable, with side effects typically resolving in 2 weeks without the need for additional medical treatment.
Is this the same Radiesse that I am familiar with from receiving aesthetic filler treatments for my face?
Yes. Radiesse is an ideal option for restoring volume and delivering correction where it is indicated.
- Radiesse is first and only filler deemed safe and effective by the FDA to correct lost volume in the back of the hands as well as wrinkles and folds in the face.
- Radiesse has been trusted by physicians for nearly a decade with millions of treatments worldwide.
What should I tell Dr. Rostami before taking Radiesse?
- If you are taking blood thinners or medicines that can interfere with the clotting of blood, such as aspirin or warfarin. These medicines might make it more likely that you will experience bruising or bleeding at the injection site.
- If you have any diseases, injuries or disabilities of the hand
- If you have a history forming large, raised scars or if you have had any other skin treatments such as skin peels.
What are the most common adverse events with Radiesse?
The most common adverse events include bruising, redness, swelling, pain, itching, nodules or bumps/lumps, difficulty performing activities, loss of sensation and other local side effects. Serious adverse events seen with Radiesse include tissue damage, allergic reaction, swelling and infection. These are not all of the possible side effects with Radiesse. Tell your doctor about any side effects that bother you or do not go away.
Related Procedures To Radiesse At Sanctuary Cosmetic Center
Optimum results can be achieved when Radiesse is combined with other surgical or non-surgical procedures offered by Dr. Rostami at our Sanctuary Cosmetic Center practice in Fairfax. These procedures are:
- Fat Transfer to hands surgery
- Facial Fat Transfer surgery
- Dermal fillers such as Juvederm and Restylane
- Laser skin tightening treatments, such as Endymed, for a skin-tightening effect and a lift around the neck and jawline and hands
What are your hands saying about your age?
With just one quick treatment, RADIESSE for Hands provides immediate volume for smooth, natural-looking results that last up to 1 year.
Refresh the appearance of your aging hands by restoring volume with RADIESSE®. Call Dr. Rostami to book a consultation today and determine if RADIESSE® is right for you.
Schedule a complimentary consultation with one of our board-certified cosmetic surgeons for cosmetic surgery, eyelid surgery, lasers, skin tightening, Botox, fillers, Aesthetician services or medical-grade skin care recommendations. We have three convenient locations in McLean, Reston, and Dulles serving the Northern Virginia areas of Tysons Corner, Great Falls, Arlington, Reston, Ashburn, Sterling, South Riding, Middleburg, Warrenton and Aldie, Virginia.