Eyelid Lift (Blepharoplasty)
Customized and perfected by Dr. Rostami and Dr. Nazemzadeh, eyelid lift surgery ranks at the top of the most requested cosmetic surgeries at Sanctuary Cosmetic Center. We firmly believe that we offer some of the best eyelid surgery in the Metropolitan, Washington D.C. area–and we have the experience, expertise, and results to back that up.
What Is An Eyelid Lift Surgery?
Eyelid lift surgery, or blepharoplasty, is a surgical procedure with the goal of improving the appearance of the eyelids. Patients seeking an eyelid lift surgery do so either for cosmetic improvement and rejuvenation, or to repair a functional problem when eyelids heaviness interferes with their peripheral vision. Eyelid surgery can be performed on the upper eyelids, lower eyelids or both.
An eyelid lift surgery is recommended when:
- Upper eyelids sag or droop distorting the natural folds of the lids or interfere with vision
- Upper and lower lids show accumulated fatty pockets
- Lower lids have pouches or bags
- Lower lids have loose skin and wrinkles
Do You Need Eyelid Lift Surgery?
You are a candidate for eyelid lift surgery in northern Virginia if you complain of the following:
- Heavy upper lids that interfere with your vision
- Use your fingers to prop up your eyelids
- Complain of headaches attributed to your heavy eyelids
- Complain of puffy, wrinkled or hollow lower lids
- Have dark circles under your eyes
- Have loose sagging skin on your lower lids
Your Eyelid Lift Surgery Consultation With Dr. Rostami
At Sanctuary Cosmetic Center, Dr. Rostami and Dr. Nazemzadeh perform all eyelid lift surgeries at our Tysons, VA, location. From this location, we are able to bring the best in eyelid surgery to all of the Washington DC area. As a board certified ophthalmologist first, then as a specialist in oculo-facial plastic surgery, she truly understands the intricacies presented by the musculature and underlying structures of the eye area. Your consultation with Dr. Rostami or Dr. Nazemzadeh will consist of a range of questions including your eye health, your family eyelid history, the supplements you take, and even the position of your eyebrows. As the experts on eyes and eyelids, your consultation with Dr. Rostami or Dr. Nazemzadeh will include questions not typically asked by other surgeons. They will then suggest the best surgical approach to for you.
Your Eyelid Lift Surgery
At Sanctuary Cosmetic Center, Dr. Rostami or Dr. Nazemzadeh will perform your surgery on-site in our state-of-the-art certified Surgical Suite and under local anesthesia. Recovery is short with residual swelling and bruising possible depending on your age and general health.
- Upper Eyelids:
- Incisions are made in the upper eyelid crease making the incision line almost invisible when completely healed
- Incisions are closed with removable sutures
- Down time is a few days to a week
- Lower Eyelids:
- Incisions are made transconjuctival (from inside the lower eyelid) requiring no sutures when only fatty deposits need to be removed or repositioned
- Incisions are made subcilliary (directly under the lower eye lashes) when fatty deposits and excess skin need to be removed
Related Procedures To Eyelid Surgery At Sanctuary Cosmetic Center
Optimum results can be achieved when eyelid lift surgery is combined with other surgical or non-surgical procedures offered by Dr. Rostami and Dr. Nazemzadeh. Other procedures offered at Sanctuary Cosmetic Center that complement this procedure are:
- Dermal Fillers: Hyaluronic based injectables such as Restylane, under the eyes to counter under eye bags.
- Neurotoxin injections, such as BOTOX or Dysport, to subtly pick up the forehead.
- Laser skin tightening treatments, such as Endymed, for a skin tightening effect and a lift around the eyes and forehead.
- Laser skin resurfacing treatments for the fine lines such as CO2 skin resurfacing or MicroLaser Peel.
- Chemical peels, such as TCA peel for the lower lids is ideal when paired with eyelid lift surgery.
Q & A
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF EYELID LIFT SURGERY?
Your eyelids will be firmer and tighter resulting in improved vision, and a more youthful appearance. The bags and wrinkles under your eyes will be reduced. Your eyes will appear brighter and clearer which will improve your overall facial appearance.
WHAT ARE THE RISKS OF EYELID LIFT SURGERY?
Infection, scarring and swelling at the corner of the eyes at the incision line are rare, but a few of the risks associated with eyelid surgery. Benefits and complications are typically discussed with you at the time of your consultation.
WHAT IS THE COST ASSOCIATED WITH EYELID LIFT SURGERY?
The cost of your surgery will vary from one surgeon to another and whether your surgeon’s fee is inclusive of anesthesia and facility charges. Most surgeons will only quote a fee at the time of consultation. As a guide, your cost could range between $4000-$6000.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
Your eyes are the windows of your face. Tired, puffy and droopy lids can detract from an otherwise balanced, harmonious face. Eyelid lift surgery results in a younger, refreshed and rejuvenated look leading to a more confident you.
Our Washington DC eyelid lift patients are consistently thrilled with how you youthful, alert, and rejuvenated they look after blepharoplasty surgery. Contact us today to schedule a confidential consultation.
Schedule An Appointment With The Best Eyelid Surgeon In McLean
Dr. Soheila Rostami is the Medical Director and CEO of Sanctuary Cosmetic Center and Rostami OPC, the President of the Medical Society of Northern Virginia and a member of the board of the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery.
She is a double board-certified oculo-facial cosmetic plastic surgeon with over 20 years of experience turning back the clock on aging. She is much sought-after for her precise technique and skill level in eyelid surgery, dermal filler and neurotoxin injections, as well as being highly experienced with the most advanced anti-aging laser and radio-frequency technologies available today.
Schedule a complimentary consultation with one of our board-certified cosmetic surgeons for cosmetic surgery, eyelid surgery, lasers, skin tightening, Botox, fillers, Aesthetician services or medical-grade skin care recommendations. We have three convenient locations in McLean, Reston, and Dulles serving the Northern Virginia areas of Tysons Corner, Great Falls, Arlington, Reston, Ashburn, Sterling, South Riding, Middleburg, Warrenton and Aldie, Virginia.